Comigrate Logo
Back to blog

Temporary Residence and Work Permit

The Temporary Residence and Work Permit stands out as one of the most sought-after categories of temporary residency permits, especially for foreigners relocating to Poland for employment.

Ziomek z plecakiem na tle miasta

General Overview.

This permit is commonly referred to as the "uniform permit" due to its unique blend of features from both a residency permit, which allows residence in Poland, and a work permit, which grants permission to work in Poland as specified in its conditions. This seamless integration extends to the administrative process, where both residency and work entitlements are consolidated into a single administrative proceeding.

For employers, it holds significant appeal as it enables them to hire an employee for a period of up to three years (the permit's duration is determined by the authorities, but typically aligns with the employment contract's length) without concerns about the employee's legal status in the country, a fundamental requirement for lawful employment. Additionally, a uniform permit legally binds the employee to the specific employer, preventing changes in employment without completing formal procedures to amend the uniform permit.

From an employee's perspective, this permit guarantees a valid stay in Poland ranging from three months to three years, allowing them to lawfully engage in paid activities and receive income.


Uniform permit is granted, when the foreigner's purpose of stay is performance of work. Let's outline the basic requirements for obtaining a uniform permit:

Health Insurance:

Foreigners must have health insurance in Poland, which can be either publicly funded through the National Health Fund or privately funded through an insurance policy. This insurance should cover the costs of medical treatment in Poland. Since employment serves as a valid basis for public insurance coverage in Poland, this requirement is automatically fulfilled at the start of employment.

Comparable Remuneration:

The foreigner's remuneration must not be lower than that of employees performing similar work or holding equivalent positions, with the same working hours.

Minimum Wage:

The foreigner's monthly remuneration must meet or exceed the minimum wage for the specific type of work, regardless of working hours or the nature of the employment relationship. Even if employing a foreigner part-time, their remuneration cannot fall below the minimum wage.

Labor Market Test:

Employers must demonstrate that they cannot meet their staffing needs from the local labor market, by conducting a "labor market test." However, certain professions with high demand, such as those in the IT sector, are exempt from this requirement.


Nevertheless, not everyone qualifies for the uniform permit. Excluded groups include:

For assistance with obtaining a uniform permit for your employee or for yourself, reach out to 'Comigrate' to streamline the entire process.

Got questions? We're here to assist you!

Or drop us a message, and we'll get back to you in a flash!


Unlocking Global Talent, Seamlessly.

Jump to:



Comigrate 2023. All rights reserved.Privacy Policy | Terms Of Service
Back to top